Although there are no precise rules imposed, your letter should contain a certain amount of information to avoid any dispute later:
– Your name and address
– The full name and address of the recipient
– A statement clearly indicating your wish to resign and the date of your departure.
– A sentence indicating what position you were in, perhaps from what date.
Here are some practical tips
– Keep a letter of resignation simple and concise«; the less said the better!
– It is not required to give reasons for your resignation.
– Start your letter announcing your decision to leave your job.
– Clearly note the date of your departure respecting the notice period.
Resignation notice fixed employment contract resign breaking work contract term.
Here is an resignation letter sample that you can use:
Click on the following link to download the ms word format of this resignation letter: